Following this guide, I was able to easily and correctly install the drivers. I used to build them myself, but that got me worse results then anything.
To sum up, though:
# switch to super user (root)
su
# install rpmfusion repository
rpm -Uvh \
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm \
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm
# install the driver (I have an i686 pc, you might need a different architecture, like 64_32 or something similar)
yum install kmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i586
# reboot to make changed take effect
reboot
This only got me a 1024x768 resolution, though... Which pissed me off...
I started looking around the internet for a way to fix it in the xorg.conf itself, which I'd done on Fedora 9 before, but didn't remember how (the reason I'm writing this right now), but didn't actually find what I was looking for.
In the end I found 2 supposed fixes, one added a Modes option to the "Display" section of the "Screen" section, and another was to add a DisplaySize option to the "Monitor" section.
Well, I found out I needed both, so I added DisplaySize 1280 1024 to the "Monitor" section and Modes "1280x1024" to the "Display" subsection of the "Screen" section.
Now it's working again, running at 1280x1024 with screen compositing (so I can run gnome-do with docky theme, which I'm trying out for a while).

The Crust: On the box they use the words "upper" crust so lets talk about that first.
ReplyDeleteThe one significant aspect is that the total number of bitcoins will
be capped and held at a strict and abitrary expansion rate.
What do you think when a new potential supplier approaches you with the selling phrase, "I'm as good as the one you use now".
Also visit my webpage check this out
Actually it is not that hard to download flight simulators.
ReplyDeleteSome of the game titles that are part of this genre involve the more recent
of the Red Baron series and European Air model. So, if the games above
don't whet your appetite, it's not that hard to find more - Tanzanite is one of the new exotic
gemstones to come onto the market. We would like to invite you to join our virtual airline in Ireland if you have some time that you can spend with
is to fly online. Yes, it may be true, but the training
flights are different.
My web-site: simulator
And a key to the programs success will be
ReplyDeletethe development and implementation of an outreach and education
campaign to encourage participation in the CLASS program.
Unlike many other medical facilities, the Fayette Chiropractic Center offers walk-in therapy.
Numerous adjustments are usually made to improve the buying
experience for site visitors to the golf website. And so those who are suffering from high blood pressure should be careful not to have such health problem for long and unchecked.
These lenses are employed for the duration of get in touch with fittings and dispensed to the sufferers free
of charge of cost.
Here is my web blog Gardenville
"Organic Mulch) (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, NRES-19-97). Wear disposable gloves to keep from directly touching feces. Starting Your Very First Flower Garden Preventing Pests and Diseases in the Perennial Garden Gardening Tips from Fellow Gardeners.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to surf to my web-site: mulching